ClickFunnels VS Squarespace – Differences | PROS & CONS
Website builders are an excellent solution for individuals and businesses looking to establish an online presence while also trying to avoid the high cost of hiring a web developer.
Quite a number of website builders exist on the market; however, finding one that is perfect with all the features one desires can be a daunting task. There’s hardly an all-in-one solution, and most times, you have to combine two or more services to derive a powerful tool.
Many people would like to know if they can use ClickFunnels with Squarespace. Well, if you are looking for a native integration or to merge both as one application, then it’s untenable. But if you wish to use both of them together, then it’s possible.
What is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is an online all-in-one tool designed to help businesses sell, market, and deliver their products online. It is a platform built for entrepreneurs without programming skills to enable them to develop their own online business. Using their sales funnel builder, you can automate your sales process through and through.
So, regardless of your tech skill level, you can design a regular website, landing page, webinars, membership site, and lots more. It offers a pre-designed, useful sales funnel for any kind of business.
Sales funnel are a successive series of phases that are designed to convert prospects into buyers. It can also be called the marketing funnel.
When people visit your website, not all of them will become buyers. The sales funnel breaks down the process from when the potential buyer visits your site and makes them take specific action at each phase.
A typical sales funnel might operate like this:
- An unqualified prospect visits your landing page.
- You tender an offer of something valuable in return for his email address.
- Using his email, you can subsequently provide more relevant deals.
- Eventually, this lead may become your customer
- You start to contact him via email, providing him more valuable offers.
- You build a stronger relationship with him and sell him more offers.
Without depending on web designers to help you design your sales funnel, ClickFunnels enables you to build sales funnel pages yourself.
If you create a well-designed sales funnel, you can exponentially increase your revenue while providing increased value for your client.
Creating a digital sales funnel can be performed in three simple steps.
- Select a pre-designed sales funnel template suitable for your type of product or service.
- Select a page design style you prefer
- Put together any changes that you would like and then select publish.
ClickFunnels is faster and more effective than hiring a web developer to build your business a sales funnel. Its plug-and-play design does the job within minutes and saves you the time and stress of explaining your ideal model for a sales funnel to a programmer to build.
ClickFunnelscovers a broad scope of features that are designed to help you manage your pages and enhance other aspects of digital marketing.
- Custom domain hosting
- Email integrations
- Multiple funnel types (Sales, Opt-in, membership, and webinar, hang out)
- A/B split testing to optimize pages
- Templates for various pages (Order, upsell, downsell, etc.)
A marketing page on ClickFunnels can be done in the following way:
- Sales Funnel: usually is made of one to three web pages. Here, you can add text, photos, and videos. The aim is to educate your visitors on all the usefulness of your product or service. The final goal is to persuade the potential buyer to make a purchase.
- Opt-in: this page is a tool for marketing to obtain the email address of your lead. As a reward, you give out something for free. As soon as you get an email list, you may begin sending your email marketing materials to your leads. ClickFunnels helps you to automate this procedure.
- Membership and webinar: you can create a landing page using ClickFunnels, where your lead can view the details of your online courses. The platforms automatically charge them a one-time fee for this or a recurring payment.
ClickFunnels Actionetics provides a suite of features that help you organize your email marketing strategy. It includes features like:
- Performance analytics
- List management
- Email builder
- Triggered email
- Advanced segmentation
- Autoresponder series
ClickFunnels Backpack is an extra affiliate program that enables you to:
- Add an affiliate system to your sales funnel to allow you to to generate your own referrals
- Organize and run your compensation plan
- Set up different types of affiliate
- Manage your affiliate center and providing tools to assist your members in promoting your business
What is Squarespace?
Square space is a website builder designed to help entrepreneurs without coding skills build their website and promote their businesses. It streamlines web design and site creation to just a few simple steps. So anyone can build a website to their taste, and all that’s required is a little time.
While just about anyone can use the platform, the solution is mostly designed to suit the needs of creatives such as designers, photographers, artists, and others in the art space. No surprise then that they have a client like Keanu Reeves, the actor-turned-entrepreneur who is promoting his motorbike brand.
The platform rocks at providing great SEO’s (search engine optimization) to website builders but also making your content stand out with their fantastic collection of themes and the use of high-quality graphic images.
You can build a website, a blog, an e-commerce store, and more. And like WordPress, you can select pre-designed themes, and alter the content to suit your taste.
The Squarespace platform also boasts an app that you can incorporate with your website and gives you the power to make instant changes to your site whenever you want, especially when you are on the go.
Squarespace comes with great marketing tools, although not as powerful as ClickFunnels’s. Selling is rather simple; however, marketing tools are insufficient. It will help you with inventory, discounts, orders, taxes, and accounting, and accepts payments through Stripe, Paypal, and others.
- Some of Squarespace marketing tools you can use include:
- Social Media Tools: this feature allows you to incorporate social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to your website. It will help you stay connected with your customers and update them about new happening in your business.
- SEO Tools: you can change critical features on your website, such as snippets, to enhance its affinity for search engines. The platform is designed to guide and help you learn how to make your site optimized for search engines.
- Email Campaign: enables you to compile email addresses from your customers. You can send up to date information for deals and offerings to your customers. This tool makes it easy for you to convert promotional materials and web content to an email layout, which is sent to customers who subscribe to your website.
- Analytics: this tool gives you a report in real-time on how well your business is doing. Metric such as the number of visitors, units of goods sold, profit, and others can be chosen to track progress.
- Banners and Promotions: this tool help notify your customers and site visitors of offers, discounts, promos, and other relevant information. They could appear as popup notification or could be temporary or permanent banners.
What’s the Difference Between ClickFunnels sand Squarespace?
ClickFunnels and Squarespace are both virtually website builders for nontechnical business owners. However, they both possess different areas of strength, which can be beneficial when both platforms are combined.
Click funnel is popularly recognized as a sales funnel builder platform that anyone looking to create or design an effective marketing program must utilize because of its topnotch marketing features, which are one of the best on the market today. Although it also has a website builder feature, it is mainly used for building landing pages.
On the other hand, Squarespace is an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop website builder. It provides a fantastic experience to its users with its clean and modern interface. The platform is very straightforward; you can add text and pictures, and how your site looks on screen is just how it will look once published. You can create a professional-looking website with Squarespace without knowing a line of code.
The primary users of ClickFunnels sare small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and Startups. Squarespace, on the other hand, is mainly used by individuals, bloggers, SMEs, and Startups.
ClickFunnels offers an Application Programming Interface (API), while Squarespace does not.
Could both platforms be used together?
Yes and No. No, because ClickFunnels and Squarespace are separate independent platforms that can’t be integrated or merged as you can do with some other applications.
And Yes, because you can incorporate the content of your ClickFunnels details in your Squarespace-built website’s storage. The process may be complicated because there isn’t an automated application to perform this task. However, it can be done manually.
To execute this action, you have to register an account separately with both platforms. Once registered on Squarespace, create your website and ensure that all the details like FAQ, product pages, shipping, terms, and conditions, etc., are complete.
Next, register a ClickFunnels account and create your marketing page. The landing page which you’ll build here will serve to persuade your customers to buy, at which point you will redirect the customer to your original website by making them click on a text or image.
You can insert a CLICK HERE or BUY NOW button, for example. The link to your website has to be embedded to that button so that when the customer clicks on that button, they are directed to your product page or your website where they can make purchases.
It is even still possible to host your funnel from your Squarespace account, but it doesn’t make much difference. Nor does it affect your sales. However, to do this will require that you understand programming languages like HTML and web development, enough to be able to access your DNS server.
If you can do this, your sales funnel will be an extension of your Squarespace domain name, as if it was hosted on the Squarespace website. Visitors may think that both pages are of the same business; it does not affect customer decisions. Nevertheless, it does not affect buying decisions, not does it lower speed.
ClickFunnels vs. Squarespace Pros & cons
- Faster and more efficient than working with web designers to create your sales funnel.
- Pre-designed, proven effective funnels for any kind of business with a landing page, shopping cart, members content, and sales.
- It provides a wide assortment of additional features to optimize your pages and improve other areas of digital marketing.
- Setting up funnels can sometimes be challenging. URLs have to be changed in several places for your pages, which can be disturbing.
- A limited number of funnels, visitors, and pages that you are allowed to create using the standard plan.
- Steep learning curve. There is a lot of things to learn.
- No blog function. SEO blog content helps to grow traffic
- Easy to use. It is designed for nontechnical users. Therefore coding skill isn’t needed. It has beautiful templates and adjustable content blocks.
- A 14-day trial is available. Ample time to see if features match your goals and needs.
- It comes featured with hosting, blogging platform, and content management system.
- There is an all-around lack of advanced marketing tools
- The user is unable to toggle between visual and HTML modes or previewing what post may look like
- Relatively steep price for shared hosting. Upwards of $12/month for a yearly plan.
- You can’t include Squarespace to your current hosting account like other website builders.
Ease of Use: Which Has a Gentler Learning Curve?
ClickFunnels has a relatively high learning curve. The range of what ClickFunnels can perform is pretty broad, and can thus be frightening or daunting to new users.
This is why the onboarding process on the ClickFunnels platform was painstakingly designed to help ease users into the software.
Squarespace, compared to ClickFunnels, has a less steep learning curve. It is not really challenging to use and is a more intuitive tool than ClickFunnels. However, it is not 100% beginner-friendly.
Which one is better for online sales?
We said earlier that ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder reputed for its powerful marketing features, which can be utilized when creating a marketing campaign for your online business.
Having mentioned that, ClickFunnels also has a web editor feature, which is a pre-designed template that enables users to design their own website pages easily without any computer coding skill.
Now can this be said to be an all-round advantage over Squarespace, which is only a website building platform? Does this make ClickFunnels better for online sales?
Saying that ClickFunnels is better for online sales than Squarespace is tantamount to saying that businesses can succeed without marketing, sales, advertising, and promotion.
The answer to which of the two platforms is better for sales will depend on you and your business’s needs. To understand this better, lets us draw a comparison between the two platforms.
- Traffic: The success and pertinence of a website depend on the number of traffic it generates. There are two kinds of traffic.
- Inbound Traffic: Refers to when users visit your site while seeking information on a search engine like Google. Your site tops the search list for a specific information click transfers them to your site. This is usually achieved by actively optimizing your website with particular keywords.
- Outbound Traffic: Refers to traffic generated through a paid advert on search engines like Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Square space has a search engine (Google) and SEO solutions, while ClickFunnels does not; however, ClickFunnels has an awesome affiliate program. Hence you can choose based on the type of traffic they intend to generate.
Domain: With the use of Squarespace, you have access to a domain name that is unique to your business. This can use the name of your business as your domain name. Example: laurelsalon.com
The advantage of this is that Squarespace allows you to have a unique name that aids in Search Engine Optimization, leaving you free to create content that is in harmony with your Search Engine Optimization technique.
ClickFunnels, on the other hand, only lets you share a domain name with the landing page and thus impedes the effective use of SEO. Example: laurelsalon.clickfunnels.com. ClickFunnels relies heavily on paid traffic.
Sales Funnel: Creating a sales funnel on a website is pretty challenging and almost impossible. And this where ClickFunnels truly sparkles as it allows you to create a sales funnel that drives visitors to your site to make purchases.
Furthermore, a website like Squarespace has too many pages in which visitors are interested. This captivates their attention as needed but also makes it hard to convert visitors into buyers. ClickFunnels landing pages address this problem by being brief and straight to the point; It persuades the potential buyer to take action.
Which one is better for sales?
The answer is simple. Both have some similarities, different weaknesses, and strengths. It is, therefore, wise to utilize both platforms for your business.
ClickFunnels and Squarespace function as two separate platforms, and both have their strength and weaknesses. They perform different functions. You can take advantage of their fine points by building your website using Squarespace and do your business on that website using ClickFunnels.
Using ClickFunnels with Squarespace is one of the best systems there is. If you are looking to convert traffic into sales at a high rate conveniently, then this is your best bet because it has been tested and proven to churn out high conversion rates. Setting it up may cost you more; however, once set in motion, you are guaranteed to get your money’s worth.